Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Tom (driver) and his son, Matt, were very fast, efficient and took great care of my belongings as if they were moving their own personal belongings. They were really easy to get along with, had good people skills and connected with us on a personal level which made my move that much better. All around two very good employees! These two play a big part as to why I would promote using a moving service to people. They represented Armstrong very well. To sum it up, GREAT!!!!!!!"
A.S., July 2015
- "Our Move Coordinator has been so helpful throughout the entire moving process. She responded to my questions so quickly and never ignored my emails or calls. She was warm-hearted and she understood how I was so stressed to move. Honestly, I couldn't have done it without her help."
M.J., June 2015
- "Kevin Pool is very pleasant to deal with. He's readily available and returns calls/emails very promptly. He is courteous and does not rush the customer through any of the process. Overall I give Kevin high marks for his level of service. Thank you!!"
I.M., June 2015
- "I’m very happy with the packing crew! They did an excellent job and took extra care with packing our home."
R.O., June 2015
- "The packers on our move, Tim and Josh, were awesome!"
J.M., June 2015