Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Tom (driver) and his son, Matt, were very fast, efficient and took great care of my belongings as if they were moving their own personal belongings. They were really easy to get along with, had good people skills and connected with us on a personal level which made my move that much better. All around two very good employees! These two play a big part as to why I would promote using a moving service to people. They represented Armstrong very well. To sum it up, GREAT!!!!!!!"
A.S., July 2015
- "Our Move Coordinator has been so helpful throughout the entire moving process. She responded to my questions so quickly and never ignored my emails or calls. She was warm-hearted and she understood how I was so stressed to move. Honestly, I couldn't have done it without her help."
M.J., June 2015
- "Kevin Pool is very pleasant to deal with. He's readily available and returns calls/emails very promptly. He is courteous and does not rush the customer through any of the process. Overall I give Kevin high marks for his level of service. Thank you!!"
I.M., June 2015
- "I’m very happy with the packing crew! They did an excellent job and took extra care with packing our home."
R.O., June 2015
- "The packers on our move, Tim and Josh, were awesome!"
J.M., June 2015